View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 04:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I shall just use this old thread, so that I won't fill the board with my hypochondriacal rants.

Yesterday I was at the dentist for the removal of a partially impacted wisdom tooth.
However, during the removal, the dentist was wielding the drill with his right hand, while laying his left forearm and wrist on the top-left of my forehead for balancing himself. I could actually notice the pressure of his arm on my head especially because he had a wristwatch that started to bother me at some point.

Well, then: consider that the back of my head was laying on the not so soft dentist chair. Consider that the dentist was pressing his left forearm against my forehead in order to have a good balance and steady right hand while drilling my tooth. Do you think he may have exercised enough pressure for my skull to temporarily deformate?

Yesterday I had mild headache and drowsiness (still feeling a little funny). Of course there were other risk factors: local anaesthesia, stress, no caffeine nor breakfast in the morning; the left side of my face was numb for half of the day, due to anaesthesia. In any case, I worry. I have no idea about the non-impact forces that may cause an adult, healthy skull to deformate. I have been looking for that kind of information but I cannot seem to find any useful bit. Any insight shall be appreciated.

Last edited by Hedgehog; 09-27-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Hedgehog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-27-2014)