View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 07:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No, it doesn't sound like a glitch, but I can't believe you are bashing an entire institution for this. I sure hope you don't use them for ANY of your care. But it sounds like you have...and also encourage people to do so for skin biopsies...even if indirectly. Because it was Hopkins that developed this test, and where most other hospitals send them to for reading/evaluation.

There is DIRT on every hospital out there. I'm not sure why you even singled out Hopkins on a thread about Mayo...that had nothing to do with the original question of this thread...supplements, not black lung.

The bigger problems in hospitals (all of them) does NOT start at the doctors (they are just either good at what they do or bad), but the bigger issues are from the "politically poisoned greedy men" as MrsD refers to them...and of course the direct ties of them to FDA and big pharma....this is what drives the health care (or lack there of).

As for the point of the thread:

Baba, I would tell them about ALL your supplements, as many might have a contraindication to medications they might prescribe. If they don't offer supportive thoughts on your use of supplements, then just chalk it up to their lack of education (because they really don't get taught about there uses and potential help). But brush that aside, and just know that you are doing more for your health and that in most cases a combination of medications and supplements can be quite helpful. Just be sure to mention for interactions...and look them up yourself to be sure.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote