View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 09:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

good morning to everyone. This is my first post although I've been lurking around this forum for well over a year.

I suffer from PCS which started in Jan of 2012 following an additional concussion. I had a severe concussion about 14 months prior that resolved on its own; however the last one, which was thought to be very mild, has not resolved. Unfortunately, the symptoms of vertigo, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, neck pain, and severe ear pain (left side for all symptoms) have all worsened to the point of now being diagnosed with occipital neuralgia, atypical trigeminal neuralgia, and geniculate neuralgia.

I've been evaluated by more than 15 physicians, worked up for brain surgery for neuralgias mentioned above; and surgery for cervical spine is now recommended to free up a compressed nerve root. All of these neuralgias developed after my concussion which led to postural changes.

I've tried PT, vestibular therapy (moderately effective), acupuncture, massage, acupressure, chiropractic, and scores of other vitamin and alternative treatments without any significant improvement. I've regressed to resigning from a lucrative job, and I'm unable to do very much having been told that it will take a miracle for me to return to work or a pain free life.

First, I've been reluctant to post b/c so many of you have it so much worse than I do which my heart and prayers go out to you. I hate to come across as 'poor me' on a website where I have read gut wrenching stories of debilitating injuries.

Secondly, I've noticed that folks with 1 post following a Carrick appt seem to rave about it, but they come out of nowhere. I'm not that person. That said, like hockeymom(who I wish all the best with her trip and continued treatments for her son), I am in a position for a last chance attempt at recovering to a degree that is 'tolerable.' I just scheduled a visit to their facility in Atlanta and will be leaving tomorrow having made the appt yesterday since they had a cancellation.

I will post my honest feedback of my experience realizing that all are unique; and that one of my primary issues is vestibular injury with difficulty tracking with my eyes. It's been hypothesized that my neck injury has left my body compensating which created these pinched nerves and pain.

Sorry for the long post. Regardless of my experience there: pro or con - I pray you all find a better day for yourselves and your families.
PCSfog2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (09-27-2014), dawneve (09-28-2014), music-in-me (09-27-2014), Smilegrl24 (09-29-2014)