View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It appears Alabama does not have a brain injury trust fund. They do have an agency that supports people with traumatic brain injury http://www.rehab.alabama.gov/individ...injury-program

I lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks. The Klonopin was the first med to be able to break that cycle. I was also put on Zyprexa. It appeared to make a difference even though it was only for a short time.

As I said, your family has not been inside your head. Please do not let their well meaning but ignorant comments stop you from finding the right meds.

I see you have tried Ativan and Xanax. Klonopin is slower and longer acting and many find it does not cause the jittery feelings the other two may cause. A .25 mg dose may be just enough to take the edge off. A normal dose is up to 1 mg. Worth a try in my opinion and experience.

You could also try taking a GABA supplement. You can also add L-Glutamine. 500 mgs of each two times a day would be a good start. They are over the counter, safe and affordable. A vitamin shop will have them. I know there is a form of GABA that is better but I don't know what it is called. Maybe MrsD knows.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RAllen82 (09-27-2014)