View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 12:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post

The two main components in cannabis are THC and CBD. THC gets you high and CBD helps NP and inflammation. Many chronic pain sufferers try marijuana and say "it didn't help me" without knowing what they had. If you want give it a fair chance, high CBD is essential.

Avoid edibles. Ingested cannabis is absorbed differently and takes longer for its effects to be realized. One might consume half of a cookie, feel normal 30 minutes later and decide to consume the other half only to experience the trip of a lifetime two hours later...not exactly what we are going for with PN.

Remember that cannabis is a potent substance and we are all different. If you decide to give it a try, be conservative and see how you respond to it.
Beatle, a generally good reply. My only caveat is that the blanket statement "avoid edibles" is over-cautious. While it's undeniable that they take a lot longer to kick in, if you just follow the instructions (so to speak) there's no reason not to take advantage of their notable potency. Notwithstanding the horror stories coming out of Colorado about kids getting into their parents' cookie supplies, which to me is as stupid as hearing about kids playing with their folks' booze or guns, adults should be capable of understanding that eating an edible is different from smoking or vaping in several fundamental ways.

I live in CA and have a medical license. Originally I'd hoped that cannabis would help me with the numbness and tingling of PN, which it does not. But it is a great sleep aid and that's pretty much what I use it for. I'll take a bite of a cookie or swallow a tablet an hour to an hour and a half before bedtime. If I've timed it right - this is new to me and I'm still fine tuning - I don't even feel the high, I just sleep well through the night.

Good luck to all of you in states without this stuff. Pretty sure your time is coming!
Balanchine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (09-28-2014), ginnie (09-27-2014), Joe Duffer (09-29-2014), Kitt (09-27-2014), mrsD (09-27-2014)