View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up quack doctors

Desi,
I am truly sorry that you had to go through what you did with that doctor and congrats to your husband for telling him where to go. It is great when you can have someone to stand up to idiots such as the doctor when you can't even move from sheer agony. NO ONE knows what RSD is like until they go through it. People can sympathize but to stand there and say he knows your pain is insane. Unfortunately, I had two doctors do something like that to me...one was when I went to the ER for extreme pain in Aug 2005 and lie in the ER room and no one would touch me because the doctor thought I was a drug addict trying to get pain medicine from him but I fixed him good the next day when I told the Physician of the three ERs in my area exactly just what he did and how he did it. Then, the other time was in Oct 2006 when I went to Workers Comps "neurologist and pain management doctor that they have researched so well." He yanked on my arms, legs, feet, head so badly that I cried out in agony for him to stop it and told him he was not touching me again. I then was in severe agony for 9 days straight and thought I was going to die from all the pain. I couldn't even get out of bed. My poor son had to take care of me. It was horrible and all the WC nurse could say was "Oh, he did a thorough exam" and "She didn't see anything he did wrong." I about lost it on her and told her I would not take my cat to see him. I also did some research and found out [via the Internet] that he was NOT a neurologist and only subspecialized in pain mgmt. She lied to me then when I questioned her she said it was a miscommunication and later said she never said that. Her problem is that she said it to another of my doctors and she was busted!!! I have never spoken to her since 12/06 and refuse to speak to anyone except when they email me or send me letter via the post office. It is amazing what insurance cos/doctors will do and say when you are in the worst pain of your life. I will keep you and all the people that have RSD in my prayers each night. You need to seek a kind compassionate doctor that will take the time with you and treat you like a human being in pain. He is an idiot. I don't know how these doctors stay in business. Best of luck to you and hang in there. Tell your husband I said he is the best!!!
Kathy d.
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote