View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

I can relate to ur experience. I suffered too for 8 yrs w sx, and 3 other surgeries for neck, shoulder, elbow pain. Bilateral C-Ribs. One yr postop of 2nd tos surgery w worsening pain & numbness for last 6 mos. I just found out I most likely have Pec Minor Syndrome. My Dr says its rare only 8% Other drs say 50% of tos pts have this too.
I feel like I haven't been able to move forward. We need to keep trying too find relief & try to enjoy life as much as we can!
Best wishes
Keep posting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by succa View Post
Thanks to all those who responded! I have now had the surgery. It was a highly unpleasant experience and recovery took time, but I feel more like myself now. There were no complications despite my fears, although surgery was longer than anticipated as apparently not only do I have cervical ribs, but I am also "wired" differently to everyone else. So yes everyone in the family thinks I'm an alien now.

I was really hoping it would all be over, but it seems not. Although there is definitely some changes, I'm still experiencing discomfort, especially after using a computer for any length of time. I no longer experience any burning pain down my right arm and I can carry more weight on my right shoulder now as well as sleep on my right side, however my left arm, hand and thumb have started to give me issues. This is distressing as I have gone through so many years without my left side being a problem and I really do not want to go through surgery again. I am hopeful I will be able to find an alternative solution. The doctor I visited during my last appointment did not seem to believe there is one, but I hope she is wrong. I've not received any physical therapy of any kind and I wonder if this could be the answer.

I wish I could provide happier news...
16rhonda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote