View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for the warm welcome and well wishes.
Mark - thanks for clarifying what I tried to say in my post about us all being unique in our injuries, recoveries, biology, etc. 1 person's experience (pro or con) by no means should be extrapolated to the population at large hence clinical trials vs. anecdotal experience. That said, I don't see a whole lot of trials 'for us.' Hell my first 6 docs didn't even diagnose PCS and they were from prestigious academic institutions.

Regarding visual tracking issues: I have both with horizontal nystagmus. I also continue to have intermittent challenges with convergence; however it was much, much worse prior to doing therapy.

Marknell1212 - I feel your pain in a big way. I'm booked to fly to Atlanta tonight and I've had insomnia for a few weeks. I can barely make it to the bathroom today; and I have no idea how on God's green earth I will make it down to Atlanta. My amazing fiancé is coming with me otherwise I would cancel b/c I can't imagine making it down the block, let alone through an airport, 2 hour flight (flights destroy me with worsening symptoms), and all of the stimuli associated with the trip. I'm working very hard at staying in the moment and taking this one step and hour at a time. Otherwise, I just want to give up.

i'm very cautiously optimistic since so many have promised 'curing', 'fixing', improving, dramatically affecting my condition and life. that said, this is my last unexplored avenue despite the lack of any data (which I'm doubtful we will ever see given the complexity of our brains and involved physiology --- at least not for several years).

I hope you're all having a better day. Thank you again for your well wishes.

Marknell1212 - FWIW - I know exactly what you are saying and that awful feeling where you just can't move. Depression? fog? Fear? dizziness? exhaustion? all of the above here. Hang in there, brother.
PCSfog2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote