View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 01:56 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

You ask the same questions I do...over and over. And there are varieties on the main TOS story.

I really want a cure.

I want to be normal again. I was normal up to age 42. Then, when I switched from daily trial court to daily computer (70 billable true hours per week) this happened. It started with pain in my right hand.

So I think it is possibly a combo of muscles (including the breathing ones that you discuss, as I definitely forgot to breathe while I worked.) And, neurological injury. As the injury occurs to the nerves, perhaps they shut off, and try to find another pathway, and in that course become permanently damaged. Hence your visceral response to the proposal of computer work or use of your hand, before you'd even done the task.

The 28 docs do not agree - not a single one. Each has a different take.

And why do some women (I know you're a man Towel) but why do only some women get so injured by their computer work, while the majority do not? I have been imaged, and I have no anatomical difference that can be noted yet.

I end up all twisted up. TOS baffles me. I now have daily sleeping sickness - is this the result of 4 1/2 years of not enough sleep due to the unrelenting pain? I'm 47. How will the next 20 or 30 or 40 years go?

I go back to One Day At A Time. I have more things to do with my treatment - they take time.

P.S. In CA you can get w/c for TOS. Anyone can PM me and I will try to answer on what to do before you quit. Don't quit. Don't assume you can't win a w/c. See a local attorney who specializes in that area.

I do have adelectosis (where the bottoms of my lungs have fused shut) and pulmonary problems in breathing which I must follow up now with a non-w/c doc. Now you've got me wondering if that was developed not by my bedrest, but rather by the TOS itself, or is even related to the causing of the TOS whilst sitting at my desk for so long.

Thanks again Towel for telling us so much.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote