Thread: STS Machine
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 01:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I like the looks of that program too. But I have a serious question about it, the same question I have about a TENS unit.

I was sent, by a very gracious lady here in our forums, a tens unit free of charge! But now that it is here, I am afraid to try it. I have used one in the past, it was a great help. But I got online to check out placements for the electrodes, and found several warnings regarding people with epilepsy (like me) having seizures from using a tens!! I didn't have epilepsy when I last used a tens unit, so I was totally unaware of the risks. So, apparently, was my dr.... she tried to get approval of a tens from my ins. co. (But she knew I would never agree to go to PT 3x a week).

Anyone here familiar with this problem? I'd appreciate some advice or comments. I DO plan on trying this tens unit out... I have just had a bad streak recently, and want to wait for a more stable time in which to do it. I will certainly be able to try it by the end of the week, I will post again and let you all know how it goes.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote