View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanchine View Post
My only caveat is that the blanket statement "avoid edibles" is over-cautious. While it's undeniable that they take a lot longer to kick in, if you just follow the instructions (so to speak) there's no reason not to take advantage of their notable potency.
Thanks for sharing Balanchine. I recommend that anyone starting out avoid experimenting with edibles due to challenges (here in Colorado anyway) with gauging potency. Here, there are no "instructions". Place two cookies side by side and they look identical only one is twice as potent as the other. Which one and how much should you consume at a time? The delayed effects from ingesting only adds to the confusion.

A column that Maureen Dowd (NY Times) published also comes to mind. She came to Colorado, "nibbled" on a little pot candy bar and as she put it, "lay curled up in a hallucinatory state for the next eight hours". That was her review of trying cannabis in Colorado. She thought she had died and no one told her. We do not need more reviews like that.

I think everyone should be cautious with cannabis but especially with edibles until they know how cannabis affects them.
beatle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote