View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ekelks2,

It is best to go back to your dentist, explain your symptoms and show him the areas that you are talking about. Your situation needs to be seen clinically for a diagnosis.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekelks2 View Post
Hi. New to this site. four days ago had last two upper teeth extracted, from my left, in order to be fitted with a more comfortable, flexible denture. Healing expected to take 3 to 4 weeks. Meantime, even tho am still on liquid diet, biting down without any dentures, is different on right side, like a bony tori has grown up or down on my upper or lower right jaw. Returned to dentist two days ago but he found nothing, said once dentures were on it would go back to normal. But I've sucked candy, etc., before all this without wearing my partial denture, and never felt this hard ridge, if that's what it is, jutting down on my lower gum. And it's all on the other side of the mouth! Can anyone explain why this is happening? Thanks.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote