View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

RAllen,

You are not taking a daytime AD. You are taking an AD at the start of the day. Zoloft has a half-life of 26 hours. It stays with you for days once you have been on it for 2 weeks. It peaks 5 to 8 hours after taking a dose When you take the Mirt at night, the SSRI is still at nearly full strength. You may have a small spike in plasma level at first but once you have been taking it for weeks, that spike has leveled out.

Why do you think you need to stay with the Mirt at night ? Even the Mirt is pretty much at an almost constant level throughout the next day. It has a half-life of 20 to 40 hours. This means there is so much overlap between doses that you should have very stable amounts in your blood if you take it every night.

Go ahead and get the PharmaGABA. You can take it at the same time as the other two. GABA does not interfere with serotonin. It is a separate neurotransmitter. There are three that tend to be out of balance. GABA, norepinephrine and serotonin. SSRI's only effect serotonin. GABA should be at a balanced level with the other two for best function and symptom relief.

You could even get some generic GABA at the store while you wait for the PharmaGABA to arrive. I see GABA on the shelves at many stores that carry supplements. I think Krogers carries it.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote