View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ist molar,

When you say fistulas, what exactly do you mean? A fistula is not a canker sore. It resembles a pimple as that is what is looks like and it can have pus coming out of it. Fistulas do not disappear as they are directly the result of a brewing infection.

The gum tissue in the photo looks very angry, there are some aphthous ulcers and some sloughing off of gum tissue. Stop using the clove oil as I think it has irritated the gum tissue. What are you rinsing and brushing your teeth with? Any mouthwash? Do you have chronic digestive or intestinal problems or something like GERD/heartburn?

I can see by the photo that you have some interproximal (in between) cavities that appear as very dark areas indicating they may be fairly deep. You also have a badly broken tooth. All tooth decay is infection and it can make someone ill as it wears down the immune system. I assume you avoid the dentist due to finances and perhaps fear or... ?

I am not not a big fan of the dental work that is done in dental schools. I know they need practice but the work is generally not that good. If that is all you can afford then that is what you have to do. But keep in mind that these students are very inexperienced.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stmolar View Post
Thank you for that. I have never had any issues with the canine or 1st premolar, or gums surrounding them, or any part of my gums for that matter, until now. And there were no fistulas, sores, or any kind of white spots until after the 1st molar was pulled out this week. I've even had two of my bottom 1st molars pulled out when I was a kid.
I have had three sets of X-rays done of the area where the 1st molar was, two by two different general dentists and one most recently by the oral surgeon. The oral surgeon also took a full mouth. There was no mention of surrounding teeth being infected. The 2nd general dentist did say that one of my teeth next to the 1st molar has cavities. I had to go with a oral surgeon who works at a school of dentistry since I can't afford a practicing one. So maybe him being in residence may have something to do with not seeing other problems.
May seem like I know what I'm talking about, but that's only because lately I've been reading here extensively to find out what's going. Dental problems are relatively new to me. Especially of this severity. My health has been deteriorating for the past few months, as mentioned above, and that's why I decided to pull the 1st molar out. Things were good one day before they got progressively worse than before.
As far as the antibiotics, during the second visit in regards to the increasing pain, I told the oral surgeon I was on amoxicillin twice before, but he insisted on it. Then the pharmacist told me it may be now that the tooth is out, the amoxicillin may actually work. Made sense at the time. I just wanted to find out how I can get better.
With that said, what is my prognosis at this point, with my overall health and my teeth/gum health? Also, what is the best treatment at this point?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote