Old 09-29-2014, 09:00 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jancis View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here but thought I would join as I'm experiencing new issues due to a car crash I had three weeks ago.

I've had HNPP for around 8 years and been managing it well since I was diagnosed however three weeks ago I was involved in a crash where I was hit from behind by a guy going 40mph.

Since then I have been experiencing an issue where my hands and feet feel like they are tingling, like I'm using a drill. The feeling lasts for hours at the time. It doesn't hurt or impede my daily life but it is pretty annoying. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any ideas about how I can tackle it?

The doctors are pretty much stumped (and aren't sure its linked to HNPP yet) but I thought I'd ask the experts - the people who have HNPP who usually know more about the condition than the docs do!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Welcome Jancis.

Here is a very good reputable site concerning Hereditary Neuropathy with Liability to Pressure Palsies (HNPP). You may have already read about it.

http://www.hnpp.org/

How were you diagnosed. Thanks much.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote