View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 09:21 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
james,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You said " I received a concussion about 2 months ago from boxing however I did not take enough recovery time and returned to training too soon which seems to have brought on post concussion syndrome since then."

What symptoms did you still have when you returned to training ? Did you take hits to the head, even with head gear on ?
I noticed when I tried to return to training a few days after the initial concussion that my head was sensitive, so much so that when I was holding pads for a training partner I could feel the impact in my head at first I didn't realise what this was so trained through it and even sparred later that day. I felt fine but then tried going for a run a few days later and the running made me feel much worse, when I got home I felt like I was concussed after just running with symptoms like mental fatigue, lacking in concentration. At this point I realised something was wrong so stopped all training and activity, but I was finding I would experience symptoms if I did anything even talking to people was an effort and irritating my head (as in I felt sensitive to the noise of holding a conversation).

The first couple weeks were quite bad, I tried to rest as much as possible but symptoms came on quite easily even experiencing vertigo every time I stood up too fast. The symptoms have went down sine then it has been around 2 months almost but I am still sensitive to noise and to moving my head around.
james-uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote