View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default go for the exercise

yes, easy exercise makes a big difference for me.

I have little feet and hand exercises I do each day.

Do a google images for feet and hand exercises. Also lookup therapy putty and gaming exercises for the hand (they are the same exercises for hand pn).

I also do 15 minutes of balance exercises regularly since I was falling and bought a foam balance mat (works much better than pillows) ... also mix in some yoga balance poses. again ... google images balance exercises.

I did a hunt around for special mineral pools which I try to go to. I happen to have a salt water pool near me which I go and do exercises in. I got a waterproof sony walkman made for swimming and I listen to inspirational talks.

Also my local Rheumatism association gives lessons in the pool called "aqua jogging".

I also got a home stationary bicycle which makes a big difference and therabands. My partner and I now do easy cycling rather than long walking.

I do them near my computer and watch youtube videos on medical questions I have or I listen to podcasts (see neuropathydr.com).

Also lookup my post on my "bean bucket". This seems to keep the tingling down.

If I combine my exercise with listening to or watching stuff I'm into then I don't mind to do it.

I was sick in bed for a week with no movement and my PN really flared, so I could see that activity makes a big difference.

I don't walk too much though or the electric jabs start in. Also, don't do any big impact stuff.

Natalie
v5118lKftfk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
baba222 (09-29-2014), Electron (10-01-2014), hopeful (10-01-2014)