View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your neuro is a classic neuro. If he cannot image the injury, it does not exist. This sensitivity to motion can be attributed to the brain moving inside the skull, vestibular issues, and/or upper neck issues. I seriously doubt there is any psychological component other than the anxiety caused by the mental confusion that often follows the head movement. The mental confusion is real and physiologically based.

Your current high level of anxiety likely makes this symptoms more apparent since you are constantly noticing these symptoms, even when they are minor. In the past, we would just 'shake off' these momentary feelings and they would go away. Now, they last longer and get our attention causing anxiety to increase.

I take a pragmatic approach. I notice the symptom. I can usually pinpoint the movement that caused it. I chalk it up to that movement and try to ignore it and go on. I can't change the past (the sudden movement) so I try not to worry or focus on it.

For a boxer, this issue takes on a whole different meaning. I'll leave that one alone.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Smilegrl24 (10-01-2014)