View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 04:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been a while

Thought I'd check in, since it's been, a long time. 410 days sober (or there abouts). Neuropathy...hard to tell, the tingling/pins and needles are gone, there's still quite a bit of numbness in my feet. Doesn't really bother me much, just annoying. Hands are fine (I was starting to get it there too).

Bad side: Ended up with Charcot's foot in my left foot (yeah! me!). I was actually told it was a torn tendon, walked around on it for a year even though it hurt badly and when I finally got an MRI the doc said it looked like a bomb went off. Wee! Doc also made note of the fact that wounds on my feet heal slow. I guess neuropathy messes with the circulation in your affected limbs, this is why diabetic (did I mention I'm diabetic too! Alcohol sure did my body good, also my neuropathy may not be entirely alcohol related) foot wounds heal so slowly. Any rate, I guess I need to get the bones in my feet fused together to prevent what's left of my arch from collapsing on that side.

Good side: I'm happier and more self-confident than I've been in, well ever. Proud as I can be on what I've accomplished in a year. And slowly but surely getting healthy again.

Last edited by pbwithpn; 09-30-2014 at 04:18 AM. Reason: spelling clarification
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (09-30-2014), Kitt (10-02-2014), mrsD (09-30-2014), newstown (09-30-2014), Wide-O (10-01-2014)