View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneRogue420 View Post

So, although I may not have the ambition or drive to try your special diet, I have great respect for your chosen profession. No more "just" comments, man!
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Once again, . It is great to be a part of a profession that enjoys that kind of sentiment being shared about it. Although we have our share of bad apples, I have to agree with you about veterinarians in general. It's also nice to hear a number of people say "I always wanted to be a vet growing up" when they find out what I do. Makes for a nice, immediate connection in conversations.

Now, on that lack of drive or motivation to do the diet.... Is it because you do not believe it will help, that you think it would be too hard to do, or that you are simply not interested in the concept? The diet is very logical from every angle from which we approach it.

First off, it simply eliminates the top 4 food allergens....cow's milk, wheat (gluten), soy and corn. Secondly, they are the main allergens because of the damage they do to the intestinal villi. They are the only four foods that induce villous atrophy of the duodenum. This results in the malabsorption of critical nutrients, including calcium, iron, iodine, B complex, C, and trace minerals (zinc, copper, magnesium, and many more). This results in reduced health and function of tissues, enzyme systems, and the immune system. This facilitates the rise of opportunistic organisms, including viruses, bacteria, mycoplasma, fungi and yeast (e.g. Candida).

These same foods are also loaded with inflammatory glycoproteins (lectins), estrogens (which are inflammatory, neurostimulating and immune suppressive), and staggering amounts of the amino acids glutamate and aspartate, those non-essential amino acids that act as the main neurotransmitters in our brain which also drive seizures in excessive amounts. As you all know, MSG (monosodium glutamate) and Nutrisweet (aspartame) can trigger seizures. The news flash is that the foods that are rich in these amino acids can do the same thing. They simply take longer to do so, with MSG inducing seizures in less than a hour and the foods doing it in 4-6 hours. This is why so many "insomniacs" wake up at 1-2 AM, 4-6 hours after they have eaten dinner and dessert, which are typically loaded with these "excitotoxins" (amino acids).

So you see, the diet is completely logical and covers soooooo many bases, all from simply avoiding the top 4 human, dog and cat food allergens. Think those allergies are warning us of something???

I hope this helps,
John

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." 1 Corinthians 13: 9,10

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease" Thomas Edison
DogtorJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote