View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post-thymectomy update

Just sent this message to my neurologist:

"Hi Dr. Berg,

Just wanted to give you a little update on my status after the thymectomy.

I feel amazing! I have energy like I haven't had in a couple of years! I am able to do so much more than I have been in a long time.

I'm down to 30 mg doses of Mestinon 2-3 times per day . My breathing is relaxed and steady. I still find myself fatigued if I do too much (still can't quite work a full day yet), but even when I do it's not all consuming fatigue like it was.

Certainly didn't expect to feel better this quickly, but so far this is nothing short of amazing considering there were days just a couple of months ago when I was so worn out and short of breath that it was hard to move or even think about anything else.

My mom travels for work and I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks. When she got back last Friday and we saw each other she actually started crying because I look so much healthier than I have in ages!

Just thought I would share this good news with you!"

Pathology report came back showing thymic hyperplasia. So far thymectomy has proven to be the best medicine for my case. The relief is absolutely amazing.
simplelife15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-05-2014), Panorama (09-30-2014), southblues (09-30-2014), suev (09-30-2014)