View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Badly Broken Molar

I'm frightened out of my mind for a variety of reasons.

I was just eating a salad and suddenly felt some discomfort on the lower lleft molar and noticed that the second one in (I don't have wisdom teeth) is missing the entire back side. The top is jagged. When I looked in the mirror, the bottom is missing all the way to the gum.

I don't know what happened, but I do feel like I did some stupid things recently. Yesterday, I bit into a hard cough drop and earlier today, I bit into a hard carrot. But, just now, I have no idea what happened.

I was in the process of changing dentists and in conversation with the office manager about insurance issues. I have seen this dentist once before about 1.5 years ago. Someone I know with Sjogren's Syndrome (as I have) really likes him. In addition to this, her daughter is a retired chairside assistant and tells me he is the only dentist in my city to see.

So, I called to see if I could come in...don't really care about insurance right now. The receptionist said to come in at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow for a cleaning and the dentist should be able to see me to look at the tooth.

I googled badly broken molar and it said to see a dentist asap. I'm wondering if tomorrow morning is good enough. ?? Also, if I should be on an antibiotic??? I'm starting to have pain, so I took my pain med for my nerve pain, which I have on the other side.

Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote