View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 06:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM View Post
Doc couldnt Rx more on a steady basis as that is what is needed. Mostly used as a treatment for animals. Many side effects but nothing compared with what we suffer with PD. Type prednisone & Parkinson's on the net 7 you'll see a post by a woman whose husband had exactly the results that I had. Must be SOMETHING of value with this info.
I'm on it. Had scoured the net before posting here so have seen the steroid effect experienced by others. In this country, doctors will generally only prescribe prednisone every 3mos, be it oral or injected. There are exceptions of course, where the side effects are justified b/c of the nature of the issue. As such, it seems that those WPD who have had prednisone prescribed for other than PD, outside of the 3 mo window, seem to find that around 15mg/day is the difference between being effective, making a difference, or not.

Also, they seem to say too, that when they get of prednisone, their PD issues seem more pronounced. Again, comments I've read.

In my case, I could easily go to a doctor here and get a boost every 3 mos. Perhaps you too. But don't think the three days or so "awakenings" is what we're striving for.

Any feedback from your inquiries from researchers??

I go to my guy 10/7 and will ask him again.

H'O
HarryO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote