View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I just saw a neuropsychologist 3 weeks ago who did about 4 hours of tests. I'm actually getting my results tomorrow so I'll let you know if it was helpful. My neurologist is reviewing them with me. He says he will develop a treatment plan with those results in mind.

From what I have read, the sooner a person gets to see a neuropsychologist the better. They can determine what types of cognitive issues you are having and it helps with your treatment plan. I'm not getting my hopes to high because I have read on this site that they scored pretty well but still have a lot of symptoms.

I am almost 6 months pcs too. I was in a bad car accident in May. Totaled my car--I walked away with very little visible injuries just my brain very shaken up!

I still have short term memory loss, difficulty with attention and concentration, headaches (they are daily but not as severe), and major fatigue. I'm working part time now. My brain has trouble shutting off so I feel like I think the same thing over and over again. It's pretty annoying.

I'm not sure at what point you would be referred to a neurosurgeon. I wish you well!
Concussed in CA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote