View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 23 and Me

I recently did a 23 and Me genetic profile. Although they no longer have health information available after 2013, you can still link to threads from people that had health information prior to 2013 and are posting their results. Through this, I have found some risk SNP's on my data for MTHFR. Since B12/folate in its more readily available methyl form is indicated for this genetic mutation, should I just go ahead and order it already? I've wondered about getting the actual genetic testing for it specifically, but my doctors are poo-pooing it (surprise!) since my homocystine levels are normal. My B12 levels went from 200 to 600 with injection cyano form, which my neurologist says suggests I don't have the MTHFR mutation.

My diagnosis continues to be idiopathic sensorimotor polyneuropathy. Numbness, tingling, mild burning pain, mild motor neuropathy in my left foot, muscle twitches, some muscle cramping (these jump around and come and go.) Problem is, no one but me much cares about the cause.
PLIF L5-S1 Sept. 2013

Lumbar MRI March 2013: degenerative changes from L3 to S1. L3 and L4 have tiny annular tears with disc bulge. L5-S1 bilateral pars defects anterolisthesis (spondylosis/spondylithesis?) I have an annular tear here too, along with a conjoined left L5-S1 nerve root. Mild effacement of the thecal sac at the origins of the bilateral S1 nerve roots, left greater than right. Mild bilateral Neural foraminal stenosis.
jenng is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (10-01-2014)