View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 02:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'll see about getting an xray. This tooth is not root canalled.
Well, pretty much EVERY dentist I have interviewed is a bit shy, in total denial or ignorant about nerve pain. AND this is commonly talked about on the boards I frequent.

The one I saw before (the female) came after the bad dentistry. She was highly recommended to me by a few people. (People with hardly any dental or health problems! LOL!) She just doesn't seem to know much about it. I don't really have any qualms about her, but did not feel confident.

The dentist today seemed a little shy about the nerve pain "discussion," but not as much. I think he is confused about why I suddenly decided to come to him. I interviewed him, had a consult and then disappeared for 1.5 years. And that would be confusing as he is not on my insurance, etc....so why come back? But, every time I went to do something with the other dentist, I hesitated. So, all I was doing over there was getting cleanings. And I like that the recommendations for this guy are from a Sj. Syndrome patient and someone in the industry.

The oral surgeon today's Dentist works with (who largely does implants) is the ONLY guy in my city who openly told me that root canals might not be such a good idea for most people. That's about it. I've seen a lot of dentists over the last 2.5 years and it seems to be an avoided, not discussed or even ridiculed discussion, etc.
Looking for Rube_Goldberg...have not read them.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 10-01-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote