View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Chemar, it seems to be an issue.....

w/ many folks on different meds.

I've PN/Cidp for a while and am on anti-eleptic/seizure meds. I've also an Auto-I aspect for which I receive IVIG monthly [thank goodness!!!!!].
In the last 6 months or so after 3+ years from diagnoses, teeth have gone down the tubes!

Asked the dental tech after the last round of 'treatments-7 cavities + a crown', about my or other's epilepsy meds. Answer was OH YES! Folks w/lots of problems! The many pain meds we all take are tested mainly for the short term...there's no f/u on such long term effects. Soo, keep your brain on alert...things like dry mouth, the sugars you intake in either solid or liquid forms CAN affect your teeth a lot. Also, many meds [steroids in particular] affect calcium loss...while focus is on osteo...one place you can 'lose it' first can be your teeth. I am proof.
A super flouride toothpaste from the dentist helps, but is truly no cure...

I've googled up a storm trying to find any research in this quarter ... practically zilch found so far -got any new ideas for 'key words'? I WORK it if I get it... The issue's been brought up in PN I think...w/o BT-original, I get confused as to what's been discussed where...

Let's keep slogging on thru the quagmire! At least-for now, we are able to!

Good thoughts to all! - j

For the interim
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote