View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Pam,

That is pretty awful. If I understand correctly, you have been hospitalized the past few days with obstruction? I believe it was only about a week ago you were in the hospital for lead replacement with paddle for scs.

Do you take any type of laxative; Miralax, etc. to keep things moving? As you well know; many meds; especially narcotics will cause constipation almost immediately. As I previous mentioned since being on narcotics daily, take Miralax daily. Days when I only take one dose, frequently will start to back up. Then I start increasing the Miralax accordingly to try to prevent getting any type of obstruction. I am always fearful when this happens.

I had gotten pretty backed up 2 years ago because of my daily Oxycontin. Went to ER. I was given enemas, had to drink several of the Movi-prep (which I frequently was unable to keep down). I had nothing like you describe done.

Entered ER on a Saturday and was admitted after several hours. While I was still in hospital trying to get things cleared out, I was advised to get Colonsocopy which I did. That's when the 3" cancerous tumor was discovered at the top of rectum which the following day had surgery to remove rectum, etc. Muscle was saved. I do not have a bag so I still deal with daily Miralax and always fearing the possibility of obstruction.

Since you seem very prone to obstruction, I would think doctors would be able to provide you with some preventative measures.

You have really have been dealing with wayyyy too much.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hannabananna (10-02-2014)