View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 10:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

my experience.

1. I had STS treatment.

2. It caused a MAJOR spread. Within 45 minutes pain level went from a 3 to a 10!!! (the person running this machine on me said they had never seen this happen but my body turned bright red and was swelling. they said that usually it gives some relief or none)

A. Machine was running correctly
B. Power levels were well within the perimeters
C. Pads have to be placed in a certain pre-established, pre-determined pattern as set forth by the manufacturer for the particular disease/ailment of the patient.
D. They run it on your legs for a set amount of time, then move the pads to your arms for a set amount of time.

3. My pain and spread have NEVER went back down and has since spread BODY WIDE!

4. This is a costly treatment... I was told it cost $1100.00 per treatment and they had me scheduled for 2 treatments per day for a month and then I would have to purchase my own machine for home treatments.

5. I had no other medical problems!!!

6. I must also say that this DID NOT HURT WHILE the machine was running on that particular part of my body. The flair started once the pads were removed...No, the pads themselves did not hurt as the RSD was not in the area where the pads had been placed.

I'm not telling anyone not to try this... just know the risks!!!

abbie

Last edited by Abbie; 06-07-2007 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Because, I remembered something else.
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote