View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey, don't give up hope.

I've dealt with this too! I got better than tried biking and came down on a curve to the road =didnt fall- I had gotten up to the point of walking fast, doing quick movements and even able to shoot hoops and jump an inch or so off the ground. then it got worse after the bike thing. Now it's up and down, but I'm almost positive the nerves in my neck are a very big issue. I'll explain that below, but here are a few tips.

1) Sneezing- tilt your head forward and squat down or come down with the sneeze. Then you don't have a quick jerk motion.

2) Keep anxiety and stress out as much as possible. I found most of my headaches were completely or got worse from tension headaches. I was so dang worried about things happening that they got worse. I highly suggest learning how to deep breath and learn how to stay calm in stressful situations. Listen to a guided meditation or deep breathing video to start!

3) When your head is sensitive, take things slow. Avoid doing activities that may agrivate your head for a while. Try to remain calm and not stressed about being slow.

So the nerve stuff. I've noticed that if I tickle my arm or heel or anywhere, those spots cause a weird feeling in my head. That makes me think nerves have to be an issue. Once I realized this, actually, a lot of my headaches got better because I was so stressed.

So what can you do?

1) Make sure you sleep where your neck is straight. Preferably on your back or if you can't then on your side with a pillow that keeps your neck inline.

2) I actually avoided moving my neck too much for a while and it is really stiff. Logically, that makes sense. Things atrophy. recently, I've been moving my neck slowly in different directions. This has helped a lot actually. Be careful, though! Don't push it.

3) Massage helps in the neck and shoulders, but again, don't push it. Be light. If the nerves are pinched or damaged, then you don't want to aggravate them.

4) Maybe a chiropractor would help? It helped me. Then I stopped going after I had the bike incident and got worse this summer. Now I'm back again. After the first adjustment, symptoms were a bit better for my eye pain. If you do go, make sure the chiropractor is gentle. Perhaps a chiro that does the activator method would be better?

5) If you're around any practitioners that have a PEMF machine, maybe talk to one of them. It's a machine that sends pulsed electro-magnetic fields. It helped my migraines and neck a while ago. Haven't had a migraine since. He did it on my neck and head. Each additional appt. I was able to do a higher frequency which he said meant my tissue was healing.

In the mean time, stay careful and try to keep building that threshold. The longer you can stay away from a setback, the more you'll be able to keep tolerating.

Praying for you and everyone else! Keep hanging in there! Things will get better!
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote