View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tell Her What She's Won, Bob!

Hi, Bob. I'm glad to meet you, but sorry for the reasons why you're here on NT. Don't know much about MG or the specific med your neuro has prescribed for you, but my suggestion would be that you consult with your pharmacist about your concerns. A good pharmacist (Ph.D.) often knows a good deal more than does the prescribing physician about these meds and their unpleasant and downright alarming side effects, and could be a terrific resource for you. S/he will be able to tell you, for example:

~ whether or not the side effects will diminish over time if you elect to stay on the med, due to your body becoming acclimated to it;
~ if there are alternative meds out there which could serve the same purpose but with fewer or lesser side effects;
~ how the med might be interacting with any other prescribed meds you may be on;
~ does the starting dose as prescribed by your neuro seem reasonable, etc.

The other plus to this approach, of course, is that pharmacists are more available and accessible to patients than their docs - especially on weekends and holidays.

That's all I have, for now. Wishing you the best of luck with everything and I hope you keep posting to let us know how you're doing.

Bob's your uncle!

Alison

Last edited by Sea Pines 50; 10-02-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: torturing the language
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote