View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Pam,

When a patient has an "itchy" feeling in or near the socket of an extracted tooth this could indicate that the periodontal ligament was not removed at the time of the extraction and it is irritating to the socket and tissue. It could also indicate that there is bacteria, plaque or something else causing an irritation. Orajel has preservatives in it and some people are allergic or sensitive to them which would cause an itchy feeling. Sometimes you can become sensitive or allergic to it with repetitive use and the discomfort can become more widespread from the irritation and reaction to it.

Are you aware of other teeth in your mouth that have problems?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamissotired View Post
Oh I forgot I didn't think it was sinus because I haven't had a cold. It only one side. I am not plugged up or stuffy. The gums where my tooth was look funny to me like bruised a bit and protruding, like there's a hard itchy bump but that could just be the bone. I'm not sure also the canine which never bothers me and has nothing wrong with it has a small hard bump to which is a very pale color. Wiggling or flossing the premolar behind the extraction sight feels very good while I do it... Try not to. Oragel helps a bit.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote