View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 10:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOAN_M View Post
jenny,
i encourage you to get a lawyer. they will work on commission to get you the money you are entitled to, and to help get you your ssd. you may think you cannot affford a lawyer, but you cannot afford NOT to have one. there are many that will take nothing up front.
you were speaking of what workman's comp will and will not allow you, and that riles me. you will be amazed how putting a lawyer's name on your needs will get them to move! i had no problem with ssd but my long termed disability outright dumped me and i got a wonderful lawyer and the payments started right up again.
i will say it again ... everyone with rsd needs one good doctor and one good lawyer and i am not sure which is more important. joan
hey joan,
actually have an attorney, have had attorney for three years since my initial injury. problem is i wasn't diagnosed with rsd until after my work comp benefits were taken away. just had hearing yesterday and they agreed to start paying ttd again but NOT for treatment until i have seen another one of their doctors. the first doctor they sent me to said i was perfectly fine and had a functional capacity eval done by one of their therapists who said i was displaying symptom magnification which basically means he called me a liar and that my pain is all in my head. i don't know how i can make my arm mottle on my own or make my pulse stay at 100 at all times, or have muscle twitching from head to toe or make my right hand have uncontrollable tremors or make my right hand colder than the left? i guess i'm houdini or something. i have been taking zoloft and elavil but didn't really help, alos i paid out of pocket to see pm who did sgb on me without fluoroscopy and didn't get it in the right spot, so i wasted my last few bucks on treatment that didn't work. it's a big f------- joke! haven't slept in days, can't take care of myself let alone my kids, unbelievable. i've always been very independant because i had to be now i can't even do that. i guess i just worry because kids have NOBODY but me to care for them. no dad that gives a ****, no grandparents, nobody. anyway, hopefully something will go my way soon cuz i don't know if i'm strong enough to get through this, ya know. i appreciate your concern and advice. thinking about seeing chiropractor, don't know, doesn't seem like anybody really knows how to treat this beast. take care and thanks again, jen
jennyk38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote