View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Restorative Yoga was a bit help to me. I really enjoyed it and I felt stretched out afterwards. It is also very relaxing and helps de stress.

I have issues with not being able to do any core strengthening activities. It gives me an immediate headache. However my Occupational therapist suggest a simple exercise, which is to get out of a chair without supporting yourself with anything, I do this 5 times. It does sometimes give me a headache.

I have also tried aqua fit, it works as long as you go at a slow pace, I do not keep up with the class and modify some of the exercises but it is doable. I also stand at the side and hold on to the side of the pool because any exercise that involves standing on one foot has me off balance.

The issue with the Yoga and aqua fit is that you have to get there and just the energy etc involved with getting up, getting dressed, transportation to and from the location can seem like a lot all on its own.

Good luck I feel you pain. I am lucky (if you want to call it that) my nausea keeps me from eating and although not at an ideal weight I have not put on extra weight, but it is quite common and I have seen it mentioned on this forum often that people put on weight due to the inactivity.
MVA March 2012 pcs, post traumatic vision syndrome, convergence insufficiencies, vision mid line shift syndrome, gaze stabilization and vision tracking. Fatigue, headaches and sore eyes are main issues.

Current activities: chiro, massage, prism glasses, vision therapy, yoga, meditation, aquafit classes and rest.....
NormaW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote