View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Pam,

As I have mentioned before; when possible, the Pain Management should be on staff at the same hospital; especially with surgery is involved.

My last three surgeries; I spoke with surgeons and PM doctor before time and all doctors were on board. The surgeons easily turned my pain care over to my Pain Management doctor/s. I had some serious surgery done and hospitalized for two weeks. It was so good to have my PM doctor visit daily making sure all pain issues were being taken care of.

Now; like you, my last surgery (cancer) had the nurse from "hell" as well. I had requested and received the report from the hospital. When I read what she put in there; I was livid; but didn't do anything about it. Two years later, I am still upset with myself for not having reported her, as well as taken up with what she wrote in the report. Hindsight is always good; but sometimes we learn from what we did or didn't do.

You are remarkable having gone thru what you have and still being so kind to anyone here you can help. Wishing you and hubby all the strength you need to cope and handle what both of you have been through.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (11-23-2014), Hannabananna (10-03-2014), PamelaJune (10-03-2014)