View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Psychological Exam Request from SS

My disabilities are physical. I did however list the anti anxiety med on the forms I filled out for SS. I received a call from a case worker to clarify my anxiety and if it was a reason why I was requesting disability. I told her no. The anxiety disorder was diagnosed years ago and with medication was not an issue. I did say that I feel more anxiety now due to pain and being unable to work and do the physical things I used to do. She said that should be enough of an answer, but then she called back and said her supervisor said since I said my anxiety has increased, I need to get a mental health evaluation and they will be sending me a letter.

I have two questions. Is this a good or bad sign regarding my approval? She said they had all the records they needed for the physical stuff. Also, what is this exam like and is there anything I need to worry about with it?

I've been completely honest on all my forms, but I don't want to say something stupid that hurts my chances for an approval. I'm just confused why they want to do this at all.
Pixel22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote