View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Exclamation I Stopped The Thorazine!!

I've been on Thorazine for about 10 years,and I quit taking it for good,because of all the things it can do to harm you after taking it for a long term basis.
It already has caused problems for me being able to be in the sun,my skin gets a reaction from direct sunlight,I tracked down the cause,and it was the THORAZINE! It can cause certain problems/side effects,after long term use,other than the famous "Thorazine Shuffle",which luckily I didn't get that.
Plus when I looked it up,I saw that it interacted with almost half of the other medications I'm on,my medical medicine's,not psych med's.
So I'm done with it! I hope my psychiatrist doesn't freak,I'll be telling him on the 13th,but I've been going through withdrawals bad,I didn't know it was addicting!

But if he has a problem with it,he'll have a good arguement with me about it,and my medical doctor!
The only part that sucks is that I can't take any other phenothiazines,because they give me EPS,even the new one's,whether I'm taking Cogentin with them or not,I've tried them,and I still got EPS,that's why they kept me on the Thorazine! So I'll be stuck with nothing for my Psychotic disorder!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote