View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Long thorasic nerve, serratus anterior problem?

Hi!

Hi!

This is my first post here. I've been struggling with winging scapula, ischemic pain in upper trapezius, scalene, SCM for about 8 years now. Been to several doctors, fysiotherapiests during the past years.

It all started after a divorce. I got a deep depression and started to get bad posture. Along with that I sat all days long infront of the computer with head in forward position. In that time I had been weightlifting for 5 years with no problem. I trained 4 times a week with pretty heavy weights. I always have had good posture, breathing etc until my depression.

I then started to develope bigger muscles on the front side, Pecs, anterior shoulder and loosed contact with my back. I got extreme short muscles in those areas that affected my whole posture. Got a really bad case of upper cross syndrome and also lower cross syndrome. I continued to lifting weights for 3 years before I stopped.

Started to get numbness from scalene through, pec minor, shoulder and through arm in certain positions. Also I sharp pain somewhere in my latissimus dorsi on side/back.

All fysiotherapiests has given me exercise programs which I've been doing the last 2-3 years with minimum result. I feel how hard I try to get contact with serratus anterior it's hopeless. Feels like the muscle doesnt respond to anything.

Last week I got an injection to the trapezius, and levator scapulae (which is in constant tension) and I got an relief for a few hours, but next day the ischemic pain was back. The same thing with trigger point acupuncture, it only lasts for a day maximum.

Yesterday I googled and found something called long thorasic nerve, and that it can paralyse serratus anterior. I believe I might have that.

They will do a MRI on the neck in a couple of weeks, but I will try to get an EMG as well.

What if I have damaged or pinched the LTN, I've read that you can get permanent injury, is that true? What is the risk of that if I got it several years ago?

/Andreas
Phillyjones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote