View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 02:01 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Buster,

It is refreshing to read your post as you connect the dots between your oral and systemic health. Ancient chinese medicine and others similar are convinced that our oral health is the window to our overall well being. My lengthy career in dentistry has without question shown me to believe that connection is very real in every one of us.

Here is an interesting tooth and organ chart. Perhaps you have seen this before? http://naturaldentistry.us/holistic-...nitas-dentist/

The ideal way to look at this chart is to first find the tooth in question. In your case it would be tooth #14. Click on that tooth and you will see the names of connecting organs and various other sections of the body come up on the right of the chart. Now click on the tooth in front, #13, then #15, then the teeth below that line up with those teeth. So that would be #18, #19, #20. The reason you would do it this way is because all of these teeth intricately share the same nerve meridians which means they are intricately connected. I think you will find it interesting what comes up!

I just want to make a note here about blood test results..... standard serum tests can only detect a problem when the problem is chronic or severe enough to be picked up in the blood specimen. So a negative serum test does not necessarily mean that an illness or disease is not brewing in the system.

Seeking a biological dentist will hopefully become a great fit for you and he will be knowledgeable and willing to openly share his opinion on root canaled teeth. Can I ask you where you found the name of this biological dentist?

Regarding the replacement of this tooth. Your options may be a permanent bridge which does require cutting down the adjacent teeth, .....a permanent onlay bridge which requires minimal cutting down of the adjacent teeth,.... a removal appliance called a Nesbit which snaps in and out and replaces that one tooth but it is worn for esthetics and to keep the other teeth from sliding in towards the open space, not for eating..... or a dental implant made of either zircoium or titanium. The research indicates that they are both bio compatible materials providing the recipient is not allergic or sensitive to them. The titanium tends to build up a bio film around it where as the zirconium tends not to build up that same bio film. However, if the bone is healthy and the patient is healthy that bio film does not usually pose a problem.

Hope you found this information helpful.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster23 View Post
Hi, In early July I had a painful left cheekbone. I thought I had a sinus infection, but after a few days I realized that my cheekbone pain occurred after eating or drinking something warm. I went to my dentist and was diagnosed with a tooth abscess in tooth 14. He did a vitality test and I never felt a thing. I had a root canal and didn't think any more about it until recently. About a month after my root canal I started having pretty severe pain in my left little finger joint. I didn't injure that finger. Shortly after this point I had strep throat. 2 weeks later I noticed that my shoulders were both very stiff. After another 2 weeks almost all of my joints are painful. I started searching online trying to figure out what is going on with me. Everything keeps pointing toward rheumatoid arthritis. After repeated searches I stumbled upon the connection between root canals and serious illnesses like RA. I made an appt with my doctor and he tested me for RA, lupus and gout. Luckily everything came back negative, but I am still in a lot of pain. I was diagnosed with synovitis. In searching synovitis, it sounds like a precursor to a RA diagnosis to me. I have had the joint pain for 6 weeks now. I want this tooth pulled in order to see if my symptoms disappear afterward. My dentist doesn't want to pull it, so I made an appt in mid October at a biological dentist an hour away. Am I on the right track? What is a safe way to replace this tooth? I don't like bridges since you have to destroy 2 teeth. I've heard implants aren't healthy. Do I just go with an empty spot? Thanks for any guidance!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote