View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 05:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused Small fiber neuropathy

Hi, I have joined this group looking for people with same diagnosis that I have just been diagnosed with, small fiber neuropathy.
At this time the neurologists best guess is that it is due to having had gastric bypass surgery seven years ago and now having multiple vitamin deficiencies.
The pain is terrible, burning, aching, stabbing, electrical shocks, in my feet, toes, legs, thighs, knees, ankles and now hands and fingers too.
It's so frustrating to have this pain and still try to work (I do physical therapy in an acute care hospital), I can't take meds because I need a clear head for work. I have been prescribed a ketamine infusion cream from a compounding pharmacy that helps some, but ketamine soaking into blood stream still is giving me side effects of sleepiness and "foggy brain".
This is such a new diagnosis that I'm completely lost and don't know how to deal with this pain and the doctors haven't had much to offer. He had me see a hematologist for IV iron transfusions which I'm still waiting for an appt to do tranfusion. In the mean time do I just keep hurting and hobbling around work?
Fay help or advice would be greatly appreciated, especially any easy home remedies that anyone knows.
Thanks
Sweetstacey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (10-04-2014), St George 2013 (10-06-2014)