View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Bizi, I was thinking about you today.

I walked and walked in the city for about 3 hours straight today, with various short trips on the subway scattered in there. I don't know how the New York subway is, or if you figure on using it much. My experience in the subway systems of major European cities is that one winds up doing lots of stairs. Also, many places have and elevators escalators from the train level to the turnstyle level, but not from the turnstyle level to above ground. And as far as the escalators... well, they can be overcrowded, or out of order too, or very long and you want to walk up the escalator, to hurry things along. Sometimes changing between lines also involves stairs.

I did a lot of stairs today, amidst all the walking, because of the subway. I also walked a lot more than usual and thought of you. My thought was that you might want to include a little stair stepping in your routine. With the amount of walking you are doing, you will be fine even if you don't. But I do notice I can walk a lot, but the effort that goes into stairs is a little different (harder, and gets the legs a lot quicker).

Maybe the New Yorkers can chime in as to whether what I said is applicable there? Maybe New York is set up for disabled access everywhere, with elevators between all levels. This I don't know. Just things to consider.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-04-2014), Brokenfriend (10-05-2014), Dmom3005 (10-06-2014)