View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default 1st post. MRI shows disc bulge. Any info?

Hello. Just found this forum. I have a follow up with my neuro 3 weeks from now and I'm hoping someone can help educate me beforehand.

For a year I've been dealing with symptoms including a choking feeling in my neck (literally has felt like a bone or something could pop out), tingling and burning tongue (sometimes lower lip as well), numbness along bridge of nose, left forearm going numb and joint pain in both thumbs at times. I've had some other symptoms as well but would get real long.

I've seen multiple ENTs, a chiro, family doc of course, rheumy, neuro, and waiting to see endo. Lots of MRIs, CT Scans, etc revealed nothing. I did test a low positive for an auto-immune disease but they said the marker was so low (1:80) that it was meaningless. Could show this way in healthy people.

Last week I had an MRI of my cervical spine. It's the first test, aside from the above autoimmune stuff, that has shown anything.

It mentioned no disc herniation or neural foraminal stenosis on all sections except the following:

C5-C6: Mild central disc bulge without foraminal encroachment.

Said cervical spinal cord appears normal; cerebellar tonsils are normally situated; no spinal canal stenosis; alignment of the cervical spine is anatomical.

So, could this C5-C6 note be causing the choking feeling and the tingling tongue? Any other info I should ask doc?

Thanks for any help.
ramblinmanva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote