View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 11:35 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
Isn't that her opinion, and what's a high IQ got to do with major depression, I didn't try hard to get that. I wish I had refused to take that test. If they don't accept that score, how can I legally challenge their rationale? It's amazing, 36 straight years of working, now I'm perceived as a cheat.
It is the examiner's opinion, but the court recognizes her as an expert, so they value that opinion very highly. Since you haven't been tested by your own docs, there is no test to compare this one against.

(When my son took an IQ test in elementary school, it came back lower than expected, and it turned out he had missed an entire page. He gained 40+ points when retested. Mistakes happen.)

You could have an IQ in the genius range and still receive SSDI for depression. The problem is if there is a question that you purposefully lowered your IQ score, than it would also make sense if you exaggerated your depression as well.

Please ask your attorney if retesting is needed while you still have time to do something about it.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote