View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel22 View Post
Lit Love: That makes sense. My anxiety his high due to pain and not working after 34 years of full time employment. I know I have trouble remembering things and just feel on edge most of the time. It would appear most people get turned down, so I'm not sure what will happen. I guess I've know for a long time that it would be helpfu to see a therapist, but years ago, I tried and didn't feel I got much out of it.

Another question. Is the therapist SS sends me to someone I could continue to see if I wanted to? Or is that more of a one time thing and better for me to get a referral from my family doctor?
If you really felt you had a connection, which would be rare in this type of exam, than I don't think there would be a conflict.

I highly encourage you to seek out a therapist you'll be comfortable with asap. If the worst case scenario happens and you aren't approved in this first stage, then the process will add to your stress load and you'll want to get someone in your corner that will be supportive. It might take trying out a few to get the right connection.

Can I ask your age? By how long you've worked I'm guessing you're in the over 50 bracket. If your physical disability doesn't qualify as a "listed impairment" then you'll want to read up on the grid rules! http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/top...grid-rules-age
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote