View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thank you for the advice and support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Pines 50 View Post
Wow, I am so sorry this happened to you! Having a severe case of thoracic outlet syndrome ("TOS") myself, I can really empathize with what you are going through. I suggest you re-post this on the TOS forum, and start exploring some of the "sticky" threads at the top of that forum; you will find a wealth of information there, including the names of some of the top TOS docs in the country. I think your instincts are spot-on as to what happened to you during the cervical spine surgery which is causing some of your symptoms post-op. Brachial plexus injuries can be treated, but you need to be very careful about things like PT in order to avoid more damage; you really need to find a TOS-savvy PT (they are hard to find; even if a PT tells you they know all about TOS and how to treat it, in reality, very few do). I would stop the therapy you have been getting. It's not helping and it may very well be hurting you. I also would steer clear of your surgeon at this point. An MRI of your brachial plexus isn't going to tell diddly squat, anyway! Let a TOS doc (usually a vascular surgeon, FYI) determine what tests you need to undergo. Good luck to you, and I hope to see you on the TOS forum. If you include what part of the country you're in, we might be able to help you to find a good malpractice guy as well as the right kind of treatment for your injury.

Alison
Alison,
I'll locate the "TOS" forum and post there also. Thank you so very much for taking the time to read my novel and offer some suggestions/advice. You don't know how much that means to me! I'll continue my research and become my own best health advocate, as the medical staff aren't looking after my own best interests. (IMHO) Cheers!
Rfcomm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sea Pines 50 (10-08-2014)