View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Geographic Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Pines 50 View Post
Wow, I am so sorry this happened to you! Having a severe case of thoracic outlet syndrome ("TOS") myself, I can really empathize with what you are going through. I suggest you re-post this on the TOS forum, and start exploring some of the "sticky" threads at the top of that forum; you will find a wealth of information there, including the names of some of the top TOS docs in the country. I think your instincts are spot-on as to what happened to you during the cervical spine surgery which is causing some of your symptoms post-op. Brachial plexus injuries can be treated, but you need to be very careful about things like PT in order to avoid more damage; you really need to find a TOS-savvy PT (they are hard to find; even if a PT tells you they know all about TOS and how to treat it, in reality, very few do). I would stop the therapy you have been getting. It's not helping and it may very well be hurting you. I also would steer clear of your surgeon at this point. An MRI of your brachial plexus isn't going to tell diddly squat, anyway! Let a TOS doc (usually a vascular surgeon, FYI) determine what tests you need to undergo. Good luck to you, and I hope to see you on the TOS forum. If you include what part of the country you're in, we might be able to help you to find a good malpractice guy as well as the right kind of treatment for your injury.

Alison

I'm currently in the Greensboro, NC area.
Rfcomm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote