View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Post-Concussion vertigo & ear echo

I had my concussion about a year and a half ago and I am still suffering from Vertigo and ear pain. I had to be taken out of work, I cannot do the normal things I used to do everyday (like grocery shopping, jogging, house chores) because I get extremely dizzy and fatigued. The worst part is, nobody around me GETS IT! When I describe what is going on, they take care of me, but it is so difficult when nobody around knows exactly how you are feeling.
Also there are social conflicts - we would be out at a dinner and the dizziness would kick in, but we can't just pick up and leave in the middle of dinner, so I hold it in...... When I arrive home even more dizzy, I get the whole "well why didn't you say anything earlier" speech... When people don't understand the extent of dizziness and confusion, it is hard for people to accept the idea of leaving half-way through dinner in a restaurant.
I recently did a BPBV test and they could not figure out if I had BPBV but they did the maneuvers on me anyway. That was yesterday - last night and today I've been terribly dizzy with head movements and I've had the worst headaches ever. So I got online to learn more about BPBV and if it is normal to feel so dizzy and have bad headaches after the treatment, but I didn't find anything.
It is horrible not knowing what is going on with me, when I'll get better..... IF I'LL EVER GET BETTER......ANYONE FEEL THIS WAY? I just want to go back to my pre-concussion life
farr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon1028 (10-08-2014), Mokey (10-08-2014), Smilegrl24 (10-09-2014)