View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 05:07 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Question Any Help Appreciated

I wrote in the past about my great-niece that is 23 y/o and is suffering from Schizoaffective Disorder, ptsd and is bipolar. She is receiving treatment by a psychiatrist that she only sees once a month. In the last 2-3 months, she says she is suffering from cramps.. I don't ever hear her complain when she is with me and we are having fun, it is at night when her father and step-mother get home from work or on the weekends. She has had every ultrasound, x-ray, scan and last Monday even had a laproscopy to see if she had endometriosis, she has had an endoscopy, the list goes on and on...no doctor can find anything wrong with her. Yesterday, the day after the laproscopy, I stayed with her during the day and we watched cartoons, talked, went outside and she was fine...no complaints. Then her Dad walked in the door and the first thing out of her mouth was "daddy, I am nauseous"...could this be connected to any of her mental illnesses or hypochondria? We are all at our wits end and I have to take her to have her stitches out next monday to the ob/gyn and I am so afraid when he starts asking her, have you had pain, have you had nausea, have you had.....that she will answer "yes" to all of them...could Factitious Disorder or Hypochondriasis be a part of her problem?
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-08-2014), Brokenfriend (10-09-2014), Dmom3005 (10-09-2014), Mari (10-08-2014)