View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Do some research into "Perilymph Fistula" and I think you'll find a that lot of what you're having corresponds with fistula symptoms. Try to find a good ENT that has knowledge about fistulas, there are some tests that they can do to figure it out.

Yeah the part where no one "gets" you is definitely frustrating.

I go through the same thing every time my head starts to act up at a party or at a restaurant and I just have to get through it, and even though I look normal on the outside, on the inside it's a totally different story.

I gave up trying to explain what I'm going through, most people will say something like "oh just man up already, it's been two years, you look fine" or something else, and I just politely smile and try to find a quiet corner to sit in and leave the first chance I get.

You'll find that all of us on this forum are dealing with the same exact "not getting it" symptom that everyone around us have.
I'm one of the "lucky" ones that lives alone and doesn't have a significant other, so I rarely have to explain myself to anyone, I just do what I think is best for me in most situations.
June 2013 - accidentally bumped my head against a deck railing, and had a month-long setback.
November 2013 - drove to work after a big snowstorm and the roads were very rough, ended up having another setback.
2014 - Having setbacks after coughing/sneezing too much, or someone slapping me on the back, or any other significant jarring.
Feb 2014 - Started seeing Atlas Orthogonal chiro - most helpful doc so far.
June 2014 - Two months of physical/visual therapy - no noticeable improvement.
September 2014 - Diagnosed with Perilymph Fistula in right ear.
November 2014 - Fistula surgery (switched to left ear before the surgery after additional testing).
January 2016 - Quit work to "work" on figuring out PCS, so far it seems that eyes/vision issues are the most contributing factor, especially computer work.

Current symptoms are: inconsistent sleep patterns, headaches, vertigo/dizziness, anxiety/panic attacks, mental fog/problems with concentration, problems with computer screens.
russiarulez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote