View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 12:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default ketamine infusion for RSD/CRPS

I am considering the in-patient ketamine infusion if I am accepted and the doctor I'm going to see recommends it. I have had CRPS in my right foot/leg for 12 years now and have run the gamet of treatments from all kinds of meds, PT, nerve blocks, a continuous epidural, and trial spinal cord stimulator. When my pain spikes, nothing relieves it (except sleep)! What works best is keeping it still long enough until the pain lets up enough to very gradually do PT, but that generally takes a few months after a flare-up. I recently fell very hard on my affected foot and my pain skyrocketed like never before. I live in Virginia Beach, but the closest place I can find that does the in-patient ketamine is Carolinas Pain Institute in Winston Salem, NC (about 4+ hours away. Is anyone out there familiar with a closer place? Or does anyone even have any personal experience with this particular place and Dr. James North? Everyone there I have talked to has been very helpful over the phone. Also, any info that anyone can give me who has gone through an in-patient ketamine (good and bad) would be appreciated! Thanks. Wishing you all days with less pain!
joopiter296 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vrae (10-23-2014)